You want to save yourself the stress of exiting opened apps one after another or copy and paste without having to open icons well here is the right post for you.
What is a keyboard shortcut?
A keyboard shortcut is an alternative means of invoking commands in a software or operating system that would be otherwise accessible by mouse , menu or any other applicable interface.
Now to the main issue, the keyboard shortcuts listed below are in A-Z format:
- Ctrl+A: Select all text or other objects.
- Ctrl+B: Bold highlighted text.
- Ctrl+C: Copy any selected text or another object.
- Ctrl+D: Bookmark an open web page or open font window.
- Ctrl+E: Center text.
- Ctrl+F: Open find window.
- Ctrl+G: Go to the next match or find in a browser within a program.
- Ctrl+H: Open the find and replace in Notepad , Microsoft Word, and wordpad.
- Ctrl+L: Select address bar in a browser or left align text in word processor.
- Ctrl+M: Indent selected text in word processor and other programs.
- Ctrl N: Create a new page or document.
- Ctrl+O: Open a file on most programs.
- Ctrl+P: Open a print window to print the page you are viewing.
- Ctrl+Q : Remove the paragraphs formatting in Ms Word.
- Ctrl+R: Reload page in browser and align text in a word processor.
- Ctrl+S: Save the document or file.
- Ctrl+T: Create a new Tab in an internet browser.
- Ctrl+U: Underline selected text.
- Ctrl+W: Close open tab in a browser or close a document in Word.
- Ctrl+X: Cut selected text or another object.
- Ctrl+Y: Redo and undo action.
- Ctrl+Z: Undo any action.
Now that we are done with playing with the alphabets ,let’s look at other keyboard shortcuts for Windows below:
Other keyboard shortcuts
- F1: Open Help menu for active application.
- Windows key+F: Opens a search for files and folders.
- Windows+F1: Opens Windows Help and Support.
- Windows+tab: Open Task view.
- Windows+D: Hide/display the desktop.
- Windows+M: Minimize all windows.
- Alt+Esc : Switch between programs in order they were opened.
- Alt+F4: Quit active application or close Current window.
- Alt+Tab: Switch between Open programs.
- Alt+space bar : Open menu for active program.
- Shift+M: Restore windows that were minimized with previous stroke.
If you know more keyboard shortcuts, feel free to share your comment!